Let’s be honest, we all know working out is good for you... that it’s something you should and need to do if you want to be strong, healthy, confident, live your best life, and of course, lose weight….
But it’s not always fun to actually to it!
Personally, I love working out because of the way it makes me feel after, the way it helps you shut off your mind, and the boost it gives you in all areas of your life.
I workout 5-7 days a week because it’s proven to be so impactful in my life. You might read that and think ummm if you work out that much you must enjoy it. But really, I promise I don’t love working out just to work out. I do it because I love the results.
But to keep up with what’s proven most effective, I’ve had to figure out ways to make it fun so I can keep up with it.
That’s what I’m sharing with you today.
Here are 5 ways you can make your own workouts more enjoyable so you can experience all the amazing benefits that come with long term fitness and LASTING RESULTS in your life.
1. Keep your eyes open! - This might sound silly but it works! You know those painful moves that you close your eyes during because you’re trying to concentrate and pass the time faster (ahem... ab moves or intense leg workouts) - well, FUN FACT, closing your eyes when working out makes the pain worse. Yup! It makes you internalize the pain which makes it so much worse! Keep your eyes open and the time will actually pass faster.
2. Follow a plan or a program - This not only gives you better results but it makes working out more like a game. There is minimal fun in going to the gym and using cardio equipment. There is lots of fun in checking off accomplishments each day of the program plan. Following a fitness program gives you a plan to follow, daily exercises, and guidance for better results. Plus it makes you feel like you are working towards a tangible goal, one that has an end in sight you can celebrate. When you have those ends to celebrate it helps you see progress and that progress is where you’ll maintain your motivation to keep up with daily fitness. The fitness programs we use in our lifestyle programs give you 21, 30, 60, or even 90 day plans you can follow. Most have a different workout each of those days! They do wonders for keeping your workouts fun and effective. Click here to get started with one today.
3. Create a kick-ass playlist with power songs - Power songs are songs you hear that immediately fire you up. When I was cycling 50+ miles a day while training for the Pan-Mass Challenge, power songs might literally have saved my life. They boost your energy, give you motivation, and put a pep in your step. They’re the songs that make you happy. They do wonders for you in workouts, especially when it comes to getting fired up for a workout or pushing through those tough moves. I listen to a power song right before I start my workout then always have a few saved or scattered throughout my playlist towards the end of my workout. Putting them here gives you a boost when you need it - when you’re getting tired. They bring you back from pure exhaustion and make workouts fun!
4. Have a buddy - whether it's a friend, group workout classes, success, or accountability partner- it's always more fun to have someone alongside you in the pursuit of a goal. We're created for community, connecting to other people in pursuit of anything gives you a boost and makes the journey more enjoyable. Find a fit buddy you can chat with and get pumped up with or celebrate your progress with. It doesn't have to be in person, even chatting virtually does wonders! If you need someone to cheer you on we should connect about what I do as a coach and my team’s accountability groups.
5. Reward yourself! - Not with food! 😜 Find other things you can do to celebrate a commitment to fitness. A bath, massage, new outfit... your hard work deserves some recognition and it strengthens your motivation to keep going! Celebrating your progress is the secret to motivation and endurance so celebrate your hard work on the reg!
Need help getting started?!
Living your best life and reaching your full potential doesn’t just happen by chance. You have to be proactive and take intentional action if you want to be the very best you can in life. This free 7-day challenge gives you daily activities and guidance that will help you elevate and energize so you can live your very best life.