Summer is quickly approaching ladies! If the thought of wearing a bikini so soon makes you cringe - don’t you worry!… I’ve got you covered!
I’ll be honest, I dreaded wearing a bikini for the first 30 years of my life.
It didn’t matter how much I worked out or how tan I was, somehow I still found myself feeling self-conscious in a bikini.
But then as the big 3-0 started to approach I decided what better way to feel good about getting older than to enter the next decade of my life in the best shape of my life…. Aka confidently rocking a bikini and feeling damn sexy naked ;)
I committed to the below steps and let’s just say the results absolutely blew me away. We’re talking jaw-dropping results and confidence that I’ve been able to maintain for a couple of years now.
Now let me preface this by saying prior to this I spent years going to the gym, doing yoga, barre, spin, you name it. Nothing ever gave me the results I wanted. So I know how frustrating it can be trying to find something that works. These steps changed it all…
This stuff is life changing!
1. Follow a macros nutrient meal plan - Following a meal plan changes everything. This is where you finally see transformative results.
80% of your results come from your nutrition. Even if you workout 7 days a week, you will not see results if you don’t dial in your nutrition. My best results have come from a balanced macro system where I eat 40% healthy carbs, 30% lean protein, and 30% healthy fats. This has been my rule of thumb for over 5 years now, it’s helped me get and maintain abs all while still enjoying delicious food.
If you have an event or trip coming up you can even jumpstart results by incorporating in carb cycling or timed nutrition.
2. Eat small meals every 2.5-3 hours - This will help you keep your energy up throughout the day, avoid afternoon crashes, and prevent starvation/overeating. When you go extended periods of time without food you are more likely to overeat when you do actually have a meal. Having small meals throughout the day prevents you from ever having those hangry give me all the food moments. In addition, it prevents your stomach from extending when you do overeat.
3. Eat within an hour of waking up - Most people want to skip breakfast but it really is the most important meal of the day. It jumpstarts your metabolism for the day. Your 1st meal revs up metabolism and sets the pace for the day. Even something small will help you more effectively burn calories throughout the day!
4. Be done with healthy carbs before 5 pm - Ideally/on average you want to have all of your healthy carbs before 5 pm. You need carbs for energy so you do not want to limit them too much, but you want to burn through those carbs before you unwind for the night. For fast results keep your dinners to lean proteins and veggies.
5. Cut out processed foods and added sugars for whole foods in all your meals - You would be amazed at how many added sugars are in your foods. A serving of pasta sauce can have the equivalent of a candy bar. Too much sugar = cravings, energy crashes, and your body storing fat. It’s a delicious and sneaky villain! For fast results you want to replace all processed foods and sugary foods with clean whole foods. If you balance your macronutrients in each meal (mix of lean protein, healthy fats, and healthy carbs) you’ll crowd out sugary foods and allow your body to fully absorb all the nutrients and vitamins for proper digestion and your body will better convert your food to energy for fuel, performance, and results.
6. Keep treats to 2-3 times a week for the best results limit your treats to only 2 -3 times a week and keep them in check! I’m talking wine, chocolate, alcohol and the foods you already know you probably shouldn’t have ;)
And when I say 2-3 times a week I don’t mean a bottle of wine 2-3 times a week ;) for real results fast I mean a 2 - 3 glasses of wine total for the week.
7. Drink water - Our bodies are 60% water so if we’re not properly hydrated our cells cannot repair and perform at their best. Being properly hydrated also helps with proper digestion. Ideally, you want to drink half your body weight a day in ounces of water. You will be amazed how often you think you’re hungry when in reality you’re just thirsty. This will boost your metabolism, give you energy, help with digestion, and improve your skin! #BringOnEternalYouth
8. Commit to effective workouts 6 days a week - Proper nutrition will help you with weight loss and maintaining a thin figure, but if you want definition and toned muscles you need to incorporate workouts as well.
And it’s not just about any workout- for fast and transformative results you want effective strategic workouts. You can run for miles or spend hours at the gym but if you’re not working different muscle groups, compounding your workouts, or doing workouts that spark muscle confusion you’re limiting your results. Just burning calories isn’t enough for a toned body.
I’ll be honest I’m not a huge fan of working out. It’s more of a mental release for me. It helps me clear my mind, boost my energy and gives me confidence. But I know it’s necessary for the definition and the toned muscles I want.. So I make it a non-negotiable pillar in my life. BUT I do not enjoy working out for extended periods of time. My schedule is way too busy for that and there are so many other things I love to do. I commit to getting the best possible results in the shortest amount of time. I’m all about effective, convenient fitness.
My secret weapon is 30-minute workouts 6 days a week with a virtual personal trainer. The workouts focus on a mix of cardio, HIIT, strength/weights, and yoga. We target each muscle group in a particular order to maximize results.
The best part - I do it in my own home so it’s super convenient and gets ahead of that “I don’t have time” excuse.
Follow these steps and I promise you will feel absolutely amazing in your bikini this summer.
If you’re reading this and feeling overwhelmed we need to talk!
Our lifestyle programs package up all of the above in an easy to follow step by step process. We give you the tools for jaw-dropping transformation and help you make your self-care/healthy living a seamless way of life.
In short, we simplify the process and help you remove the excuses for lasting transformative results.
Click here to learn more about our lifestyle programs or click below to schedule a complimentary consult call.